Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Meet Joe Black

It's been four months! I'm so sorry! College is taking up more time in my life than I thought. But I will be diligent from now on, starting with Meet Joe Black, directed by Martin Brest. With all-star cast members like Anthony Hopkins, Brad Pitt, and Claire Forlani, this film seems to promise quality. I admit that I was biased before I saw the film for the first time, certain that these actors and the score composed by Thomas Newman wouldn't let me down. The bias has nothing to do with my review now, because what I saw was completely other than what I expected. It was a long, drawn-out movie, and without the score, I might have even fallen asleep as Claire Forlani took about a million years to spit out the line "You're someone else." This is not to say it's not a good movie. In my opinion, it's an amazing movie with an actual message. The drawn-out speaking allows you to examine every person and every object in a shot. I found myself interpreting every expression of every character, and I believed every one to the fullest. I wasn't ever hit by the thought "This is unrealistic" even though the movie is about Death in the form of a man, out on a quest to experience the world by making a deal with one of his future passengers. If you want to experience beauty of the utmost kind, watch this movie--you'll love it!

You're someone else!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment