Monday, October 19, 2009

Gigi

Gigi, directed by Vincente Minnelli, is exactly what you see above. Dancing, champagne, and smiles. Gigi is sitting at the table, in a pretty guyish pose for the timescale (1958!!) that reinforces her rebellious, childish nature. I can't honestly remember her cousin's name--that's the attractive guy in the background--nor her great-aunt's--that's the frumpy-looking one--but they were still pretty important in the movie. I just don't want to look up the names because then it's not my knowledge that's being illustrated to you, it's the internet's. What I remember about this film is the dialogue, which was very top-notch and memorable. The storyline, too, was pretty original since I was compelled to stay watching a TCM movie till the end to see what happens. The ending, I do remember, was somewhat weird and not what I expected, but I guess that's part of the movie's charm. This may be a pretty non-memorable review, but I do recommend this movie--it's a hoot :)

No, it's Superman!
Amanda


9 oscars

No comments:

Post a Comment